There are many free and affordable themes to choose from. Once you have a theme chosen, you are ready to add text. The text tool bar is easy to use too.
Here are 10 tips for using WordPress on your website:
- Pick a simple theme that reflects your website’s purpose.
- Look for a theme that has a responsive site. This means that your website can be easily viewed on all resolutions. I.e. laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.
- Make your pages easy to read by having your font size be 14pxs.
- Keep your navigation simple so visitors to your site can easily move from one tab to another. Highlight the most important pages in your navigation bar. Less is better.
- Make sure your text is on white background. Text on dark backgrounds is difficult to read even when you change the font color.
- Use 2-3 columns at the most. The main column will be for your text and the other 1-2 sidebars for banners, archives, recent posts, calendar, email sign up, etc.
- Decide on a left or right sidebar when choosing 2-column themes.
- Most WordPress themes have a fixed layout that is difficult to change. The width of the template is important to consider.
- Don’t spend a lot of money on website design; there is no need. Most WordPress themes are free, unless you decide to pay for a premium theme.
- Remember, most reputable Web hosts offer WordPress hosting for a reason.